Week 9 – Week before assessment.

For this week, we went through everything we had learned from the past 8 Weeks.

• We created a schedule of what different scores we wanted to use and when we would try each thing.
  • We then continued to go through each different technique of improvisation, sometimes using more than one at one time.
  • We finished the class by having an open score to experiment with our bodies with no limitations and the freedom to just perform our own experimentation.

My Experimentation –

This week I wanted to play with the idea of touch, I attempted to move through the space using multiple different parts of my body and feeling parts of the space, from the floor to the wall and the bars and the mirrors, this opened up a very interesting way of moving to me, because I aimed to avoid obvious ways of touching the space, for example; instead of touching the floor with my feet I use my elbow or my knee.

Lucky Dip –

One new thing we used as a way of improvisation was the Lucky dip. This consisted of coloured paper all meaning different things. (Audience, sound, duration, the number of dances and way of moving.)

We did this a few times and each time something interesting happened, one main thing that happened was when one group was given 30 seconds with no music to Improvise ‘spikey’ movements, as the duration was so short it didn’t give anyone the opportunity to think about their improvisations which ended up showing so very experimental movement.